IKY is a social platform with the purpose to connect like-minded people around the globe to find love. By creating an account on IKY you hereby warrant the following;
- you are at least 14 years of age
- The personal information provided by you are true and genuine.
- IKY app is not a dating app. Whoever wants to get connected with like-minded people can join & use IKY. Maximum age, Marital status, Gender, Location are not a barrier to use IKY
- You alone are responsible for whatever the action/s done by you using our Website or App and IKY has no responsibility pertaining to the same, either direct or indirect. Further, you shall indemnify IKY against any claim or loss or damage to IKY for the action/s done by you using our Website or App.
- you do not have any unspent convictions, or are subject to any court order, relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment, IKY app has all rights to remove you from using it
- You will not use the Website or App of IKY for illegal or immoral purposes
- you will not use our Website or App if you have been removed from IKY
- you will comply with this agreement and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations
- we are entitled to remove your accounts with IKY permanently if any of the above conditions are not met
- You give IKY all the rights to verify / use / share your personal information with third parties, if IKY deem it necessary.
Registration and Your Account
- If you want to use the Website or App, you first need to register. In order to register, you need to authenticate yourself using your registered mobile number. After registering, you can create a personal account ("Your Account"). When creating Your Account, we will need your pictures. You are further invited to provide us with more information about yourself including but not limited to your interests, philosophy, pictures of you, your work, a description of yourself, a date idea and basic information about yourself (such as your name, gender, date of birth, height, relationship status, religion, ethnicity, city of residence). You email will serve as your identifier while contacting support.
- The registration and creation of Your Account qualifies you as a user. Users can be suspended by us if we receive several complaints from other users.
- IKY does not accept any responsibility for the login credentials used to sign in to the service. You accept sole responsibility for all activities that occur under those credentials.
- By registering for IKY, you grant us permission to send you SMS notifications about your profile related activities.
- If you feel your account has been compromised and been accessed by someone other than you, contact email@example.com for removal of your account from your registered email ID.
You agree to IKY using emails and other means to notify and engage you with the service. IKY users are expected to conduct themselves with a high level of dignity and professionalism. Unacceptable behavior can lead to the termination of their membership. The below etiquette is expected of IKY users:
- You will not post, or transmit to other users, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights.
- You will not use a robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data mine, or in any way reproduce, reverse engineer or bypass the navigational structure or presentation of the service or its contents.
- You will not use the IKY app for soliciting your own business activities or for commercial purposes.
- You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to IKY or to any other user.
- You will not publish links to other websites.
- You are not permitted to share details of IKY login with another person.
- You should be using your discretion while sharing personal information with other users on IKY. IKY Members are expected to exercise simple precautions for their privacy and safety. You may not publish any personal contact information on Your Account, such as your complete name, address, email address, telephone number, instant messaging contact details or social media website URLs or usernames. In addition, for your safety, you may not include personal contact information in messages to users who have not previously contacted you.
- Your safety and personal integrity is important to us. Your (chat) messages are strictly confidential. We do use filter software and other review mechanisms that notifies us of (chat) messages and other material published by you such as My Story and My Date Idea with inappropriate content (e.g. derogatory or aggressive language, or unlawful use of our platform for advertisements or link-building). After such notification we reserve the right to erase or modify the content in question and notify users of their wrong doing.
- Your account will be terminated if you are found to misuse the written spaces on IKY such as My Story and My Date Idea repeatedly.
- Your photos will be reviewed before being published on IKY.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code or compromise the security of the services offered by IKY in any way.
- You will not post content that is vulgar, defamatory, controversial, violative of copyrights and trademark rights, violative of any law that the publishing of such content may be subject to.
- You will use in a lawful, responsible and respectful manner, any information provided by another IKY user.
- You will not use the service to disrupt public order.
- You will not infringe upon the normal running of IKY or its infrastructure in any way.
- You will immediately cease contacting any user who asks you to stop contacting them.
- You will not post, copy, modify, disclose or distribute via our Website or App any confidential information; or any other material which is subject to our or a third party's (intellectual property) rights, without first obtaining our or the relevant third party's prior written consent.
IKY provides assistance and guidance through its customer care team. When communicating with us, you agree to not be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexist, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or indulge in any other inappropriate behaviour. If we feel that your behavior towards our customer care team or any other employee is threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account without any warning.
IKY reserves the right to investigate and/or terminate your account without any refund or reimbursement if we feel you have misled IKY or its user/s, or misused the Service, or behaved in a way that IKY regards as inappropriate or unlawful, including actions or communications that occur off the service involving users you met through IKY.
The company currently does not conduct any criminal and/or other formal background checks of all its users and also does not attempt to verify the statements of its users. You are solely responsible for taking all appropriate safety precautions in connection with the use of the website and app and contacting other users. You accept that there are risks interacting online or offline with other users, including dating and meeting other users. We do not guarantee or verify the accuracy of information provided to you by other users. IKY makes every effort to keep the information made available on the website and app accurate and up to date, but we do not guarantee that the information is accurate, complete or current. No rights can be derived from it. Any reliance on the provided information is at your own risk. We do not warrant that the website or app will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. All content and services on the website or app are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Any decisions or actions taken by you on the basis of the information provided on or via the website and app are at your sole discretion and risk.
IKY shall not collect data from minors. Should a Member lie about his/her date of birth, and particularly if he/she fraudulently claims to be over 18 years of age, the parents of the minor in question should inform IKY of this by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting the data to be deleted. IKY commits to deleting all data on the minor in question as soon as possible.
Purchases, Cancellation, Returns and Refunds
Since IKY does not sell physical goods there is no cancellation or return. IKY users can make a payment to purchase digital goods which can be used for soliciting a connection with other IKY users. Digitals goods include Messages and VIP subscriptions. New digital goods may be introduced and older digital goods may be modified or removed from time to time. Digital goods obtained through referrals, will expire within 12 months.
When you make an in-app purchase, you will be prompted to enter details for your account with your Software Store ("your IAP Account"), and your IAP Account will be charged for the in app purchase in accordance with the terms disclosed to you at the time of purchase as well as the general terms for in-app purchases that apply to your IAP Account. Some Software Stores may charge you GST and / or other applicable taxes , depending on where you live. If you purchase an auto-recurring periodic subscription through an in-app purchase, your IAP Account will continue to be billed for the subscription until you cancel. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing and in case of increase in the subscription for the additional period, such increased prices shall apply. If you do not wish your subscription to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, you will need to log in to your IAP account and follow instructions to cancel your subscription, even if you have otherwise deleted your account with us or if you have deleted the IKY application from your device. Deleting your account on IKY or deleting the IKY application from your device does not cancel your subscription; IKY will retain all funds charged to your IAP Account until you cancel your subscription through your IAP Account.
In general, payments once made, are not refunded under any circumstances. In other words, you do not have the option of cancelling or getting a refund for any payment. It follows that you will not be getting a refund for any payment when your membership is terminated.
The rights granted by IKY to the user are restricted to private and personal use. As a user of IKY, you grant IKY a free-of-charge, non-exclusive, international and permanent license for the use, reproduction, representation, modification and translation of any basic intellectual property-related component (text, emojis, photos, videos etc.) that it may provide through the App for the non-exclusive purpose of communicating with other users on IKY. IKY can use such content in any format on the Website, App, ads, other shielded areas accessible by other users and for other internal purposes.
IKY reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that IKY shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service.
Deletion of Account
A user of IKY may decide at any time and without notice to delete their account. If this user wishes to use IKY again, they will be required to register once again.
If a user deletes their account:
- Their profile will be removed from the list of profiles on IKY
- The user can reactivate their deleted profile within 5 years
IKY reserves the right to terminate your membership, to suspend a profile or to disable access with respect to a breach of any of the terms with or without notice. Under any circumstances purchases made on IKY will not be refundable.
Copyright Infringement Claims
You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, patented material, trademarks, or other proprietary or Intellectual Property information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us email@example.com with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the app
- Your full name, address, telephone number, and email address
- A written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf
- IKY app uses images from different sources and we are not taking any ownership/ copyrights for the images used. IKY just edit and use the downloaded images aligned to its theme or design. Thanks for all the resource providers who made us and our users feel happy.
External Links and Services
The service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other world wide web sites or resources. Because IKY has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that IKY is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that IKY shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Please go through the terms and privacy policies of such sites carefully as you would be bound by those during such interactions.
Limitation of Liability and Disputes
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other IKY users. IKY reserves the right to, but is not obliged to, monitor the resolution of any disputes arising between IKY users. We are not obliged to become involved in any domestic or private disputes between users and do not provide any arbitration or settlement service. IKY also reserves the right to take action, as deemed appropriate against errant users.
- In no event shall IKY, its affiliates, employees, agents, licensors or partners be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a computer or electronic virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, wasted management or office time, breach of contract or claims of third parties or other losses of any kind or character, even if IKY has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of IKY and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other users of this service or persons you meet through this service.
- If you choose to invite someone to join our Website or App, you may select a person directly from your contacts list on your device and send a text, email or message from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges made against communications sent from your device.
- We will provide IKY service to you with reasonable skill and care. We do not make any warranties or representations (neither express nor implied) with respect to the Website, App or the associated services.
- You hereby expressly agree not to hold IKY liable for any instruction, advice, or services delivered through our website or app. IKY expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any damage, suits, claims, and/or controversies that arise or relate in any way to our website or app.
- You expressly understand and agree that IKY will not be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, resulting from: a) the use or inability to use the website or app; b) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through, from, or as a result of the website or app; c) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; d) statements or conduct of any user or third party on the website or app; e) your reliance on content data made available by us; or f) any other matter relating to the website or app.
- To the fullest extent possible by law, IKY's maximum liability arising out of or in connection with the website or app or your use of our content, regardless of the cause of action (whether in contract, tort, breach of warranty, or otherwise), will not exceed greater than the fees you have paid to make purchases on IKY.
To the full extent permitted under Indian laws, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless IKY, it's officers, directors and employees from and against all liabilities, demands, claims, damages, complaints, losses, costs, and expenses, including attorney's fees, due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of the services, your content, or your breach of this agreement.
IKY does not represent or warrant that (a) any matches or profiles presented will be compatible and/or guarantee success in finding a partner, or that (b) the service will be uninterrupted, secure or error free, (c) any defects or errors in the service will be corrected, (d) that any content or information you obtain on or through the service will be accurate, or (e) any suggestions or feedback will be incorporated.
IKY takes no responsibility for any content that you or another user or third party posts, sends or receives through the service. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is accessed at your own discretion and risk.
IKY disclaims and takes no responsibility for any conduct of you or any other user, on or off the service.
IKY takes no responsibility for the physical connections you make with other user outside the app
IKY is not responsible for the payments/ donations you give / receive to / from the person you get connected using the app
IKY provides maximum security to safeguard your data. It takes no responsibility for the loss or hack attacks happened to the app by any external sources
Advertising and External Links
- IKY can be acquired for a part or in whole by another company. This will be done without notice, either written or otherwise.
Push notifications; location-based features
We may provide you with emails, text messages, push notifications, alerts and other messages related to the App and/or the IKY services, such as enhancements, offers, products, events, and other promotions. Push notifications/alerts will be automatically sent to you. With respect to other types of messaging or communications, such as emails, text etc., you can raise request by emailing us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
The App may allow access to available opportunities for you to view certain content and receive other products, services or other materials based on your location. To make these opportunities out there for you, the App will determine your location using one or more reference points, such as GPS, Bluetooth and/or software within your mobile device. If you've set your mobile device to disable GPS, Bluetooth or other location determining software or do not authorize the App to access your location data, you will not be able to access such location-specific content, products, services and materials.
Internal purchases and subscriptions
Internal Purchases, including subscriptions, are processed using the Payment Method you provide on the Website or App. Subscriptions automatically renew until you cancel.
If you make an Internal Purchase, you agree to pay the prices displayed to you for the Services you’ve selected as well as any sales / GST or similar taxes that may be imposed on your payments (and as may change from time to time), and you authorize IKY to charge the payment method you provide (your “Payment Method”). IKY may correct any billing errors or mistakes even if we have already requested or received payment. If you initiate a chargeback or otherwise reverse a payment made with your Payment Method, IKY may terminate your account immediately in its sole discretion, on the basis that you have determined that you do not want a IKY subscription. In the event that your chargeback or other payment reversal is overturned, please contact Customer Care.
If your Internal Purchase includes an automatically renewing subscription, your Payment Method will continue to be periodically charged for the subscription until you cancel. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for the price and time period you agreed to when subscribing with any hike for the subsequent period as applicable during that point of time, until you cancel. To cancel a subscription, you can (1) log in to the Website and go to the Settings page, and then click on “Subscriptions”, and follow the instructions to downgrade; or (2) open the Android App and go to the Settings page, then click on Purchases and follow the instructions to downgrade. If you cancel a subscription, you may continue to use the cancelled service until the end of your then-current subscription term. The subscription will not be renewed when your then-current term expires. You may edit your Payment Method information by using the Settings tool. If a payment is not successfully processed, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates.
In addition, you authorize us to obtain updated or replacement expiration dates and card numbers for your credit or debit card as provided by your credit or debit card issuer. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer, or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. Certain users may be entitled to request a refund. See Section 8d below for more information.
Rights you are granted by IKY
IKY grants you the right to use and enjoy our Services, subject to these Terms.
For as long as you comply with these Terms, IKY grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-exclusive, revocable, and non-sub licensable license to access and use our Services for purposes as intended by IKY and permitted by these Terms and applicable laws.
Rights you grant IKY
You own all of the content you provide to IKY, but you also grant us the right to use Your Content as provided in this Agreement.
By creating an account, you grant to IKY a worldwide, perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to host, store, use, copy, display, reproduce, adapt, edit, publish, translate, modify, and distribute Your Content, including any information you authorize us to access from native requests or other third-party source (if applicable), in whole or in part, and in any format or medium currently known or developed in the future. IKY’s license to Your Content shall be non-exclusive, except that IKY’s license shall be exclusive with respect to derivative works created through use of our Services. For example, IKY would have an exclusive license to screenshots of our Services that include Your Content.
In addition, so that IKY can prevent the use of Your Content outside of our Services, you authorize IKY to act on your behalf with respect to infringing uses of Your Content taken from our Services by other users or third parties. This expressly includes the authority, but not the obligation, to send notices on your behalf if Your Content is taken and used by third parties outside of our Services. IKY is not obligated to take any action with regard to use of Your Content by other users or third parties. IKY’s license to Your Content is subject to your rights under applicable law (for example, laws regarding personal data protection to the extent the content contains personal information as defined by those laws).
In consideration for IKY allowing you to use our Services, you agree that we, our affiliates, and our third-party partners may place advertising on our Services. By submitting suggestions or feedback to IKY regarding our Services, you agree that IKY may use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensating you.
You agree that IKY may access, preserve, and disclose your account information, including Your Content, if required to do so by law or upon a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce these Terms; (iii) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the any details you provided, username and password you designate during the registration process, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to immediately notify IKY of any disclosure or unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security and ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session.